Incomplete Grades

A grade of incomplete (“I”) is a temporary grade but must be maintained on the academic record (transcript) until a grade is assigned. A grade of “IP” or “in progress” applies only to the dissertation course in the doctoral programs.

Assignment of an “I” is at the discretion of the course instructor and director.

The student who is passing in a course may be assigned a final grade of "I" if some portion of the course work remains unfinished or if there is an Academic Integrity issue.

Students who receive an incomplete during the semester that they apply for graduation must complete course requirements by census day (the 10th) of the following semester. The graduation date for students, who fail to meet course requirements by the required deadline, will be moved to the next semester graduation and graduate at the end of the appropriate term.

Students who have an incomplete grade for one level of major coursework will not be permitted to progress to the next level of major coursework until the incomplete grade(s) in the lower level have been changed to a passing grade.

An Incomplete Grade form must be completed and signed by the instructor, identifying the reason for requesting an incomplete, the specific work that the student must complete to receive a final grade and the date by which the work must be com­pleted. An incomplete grade must be removed within the time designated by faculty or the “I” will automatically convert to an “F” grade.